The D-Box project started in 2013 in a 3-year FP7 iwith 20 partners from 11 EU Member States, and a budget of ~10M Euros. It will integrate existing solutions for the process of clearing landmines and cluster munitions by developing a comprehensive toolbox and a roadmap for its implementationntegration Project
The operational needs and priorities have been expressed by the humanitarian demining community represented by:
– Demining teams in Non-Governmental Organizations
(NGO) and commercial demining companies,
– The Mines Action Centre (MAC),
– The United Nations Mine Action Service (UNMAS), and
– The Geneva International Centre for Humanitarian
The two main priorities are:
– The improvement of the mapping of hazardous area,
– Low cost, “easy to use” and efﬁ cient close-in detection equipment.
The planned contribution includes the establishment of a
comprehensive demining toolbox and the development and
improvement of existing and novel tools (non exhaustive):
– Close-in detection by biosensors
– Network of sensors,
– Risk assessment tools,
– Innovative dog training methods,
– Information fusion tools.
All these parts will supported by a series of demonstrations to
evaluate performances and to the establishment of a roadmap
for its development and implementation.
[button link=”https://astripolska.pl/projects/” target=”_self” shape=”rounded” size=”small” outline=”yes” color=”black” move=”no” external=”no”]Back to projects[/button]